Philippe Henri Dacoury-Tabley, the governor of the Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO), has resigned from the regional central bank.
The central bank announced the resignation on Saturday. Dacoury-Tabley will be replaced in the interim by Jean-Baptiste Compaore, a deputy governor, before a permanent successor is named. Reuters reported that his resignation came amid allegations he continued to provide the Ivory Coast's president Laurent Gbagbo with access to central bank funds despite th
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms