Philippe Henri Dacoury-Tabley, the governor of the Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO), has resigned from the regional central bank.
The central bank announced the resignation on Saturday. Dacoury-Tabley will be replaced in the interim by Jean-Baptiste Compaore, a deputy governor, before a permanent successor is named. Reuters reported that his resignation came amid allegations he continued to provide the Ivory Coast's president Laurent Gbagbo with access to central bank funds despite th
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot