Anand Sinha, an executive director at the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), has been promoted to deputy governor, the central bank said Wednesday.
Sinha replaces Usha Thorat who stepped down as deputy governor at the RBI on 8 November after five years in the role. Sinha's appointment, which runs until 28 February, 2013, will take the number of deputy governors at the RBI to four, the maximum amount permitted under the 1934 Reserve Bank of India Act.
Sinha will join Duvvuri Subbarao, the central bank
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system