Jose Cuisia Jr., a former governor of the Central Bank of the Philippines, has been nominated for the post of Philippines' ambassador to the United States.
The Philippine embassy in London on Friday said President Benigno Aquino III nominated Cuisia Jr. earlier in the week. His appointment must be confirmed by Philippines Commission on Appointments, a government body that confirms presidential appointments.
Juan Ponce Enrile, the president of the country's Senate, the upper chamber in the bicame
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say