The European Banking Federation (EBF), a continental lobby group, on Thursday named Christian Clausen, the chief executive and president of Nordea, a Scandinavian banking group, as its president.
"I am honoured by the trust given to me and Nordea," Clausen said. "The EBF has a central role to play in at least two important areas in particular in the coming years: We will work for a financial regulation that is right and relevant, and one that ensures a level playing field within the European Eco
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor