Blake Prichard, an executive vice president at the Philadelphia Federal Reserve, will be promoted to first vice president and chief operating officer, the regional Fed said on Tuesday.
Prichard will succeed William Stone Jr, the current first vice president, on 1 January 2011. Stone will retire after working at the Philadelphia Fed for 40 years.
"Blake is a talented executive with deep knowledge of the Federal Reserve system and a commitment to its principles," said Charles Plosser, the presiden
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements