Beijing on Friday unveiled changes to the makeup of the People's Bank of China's (PBoC) Monetary Policy Committee.
Du Jinfu, who was in June promoted to deputy governor at the central bank, will now sit on the committee. Du will replace Su Ning, a former deputy governor of the PBoC, who left the central bank prior to Du's promotion, having exceeded the state retirement age three years ago.
Jiang Jianqing, the president of the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, will also sit on the committ
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro