Nigeria looks set to create a sovereign wealth fund after President Goodluck Jonathan said he sent lawmakers a bill providing the legal framework for a government body to manage the proceeds of the country's oil wealth.
Agence France-Presse (AFP), a newswire, reported President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday as saying he had put forward "a bill to the National Assembly to create a national sovereign wealth fund" to provide the country with the "legal underpinning for national savings", adding that
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system