Austan Goolsbee was on Friday named the chair of the US President's Council of Economic Advisers by Barack Obama.
Goolsbee, who was acting chair following Romer's departure last month, was expected to be named the permanent replacement.
Before becoming a member of the council, Goolsbee was a professor at the University of Chicago. He has also served as a member of the Panel of Economic Advisers to the Congressional Budget Office, and as a research associate at the National Bureau of Economic Res
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market