Shahid Kardar has been appointed as the new governor of the State Bank of Pakistan the central bank said on Thursday.
The son of a former test cricket captain, Kardar has served a lengthy career in public services spanning 30 years. His career has included a spell as finance minister of Pakistan's Punjab region from November 1999 to January 2001. He was chairman of the Punjab Education Foundation from June 2005 to October 2008 and a member of the National Commission for Government Reform from 20
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market