Government Pension Fund-Global, Norway's sovereign wealth fund, on Friday posted its first quarterly loss in a year as the slump in global equity markets dragged down its portfolio, causing an NKr155 billion ($25 billion) loss in the second quarter.
The fund suffered in part because about half of its investments are in Europe. "The decline was largely driven by concern over sovereign debt in some European countries, funding challenges for banks, and fears of a new economic slowdown," said Yngve
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms