Government Pension Fund-Global, Norway's sovereign wealth fund, on Friday posted its first quarterly loss in a year as the slump in global equity markets dragged down its portfolio, causing an NKr155 billion ($25 billion) loss in the second quarter.
The fund suffered in part because about half of its investments are in Europe. "The decline was largely driven by concern over sovereign debt in some European countries, funding challenges for banks, and fears of a new economic slowdown," said Yngve
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor