China Investment Corporation (CIC), Beijing's sovereign wealth fund, on Thursday refuted reports linking it to a takeover of Liverpool Football Club, a UK sports team.
A representative for the sovereign wealth fund told the Financial Times, a business newspaper, that a flurry of reports in United Kingdom and international media outlets, alleging that it was behind a bid to buy the club from Kenny Huang, a Chinese sports marketing entrepreneur, who is presently helping launch the country's second
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs