Lebanese government officials are discussing plans to set up a sovereign wealth fund (SWF) to manage potential natural gas revenue after evidence emerged of an underwater natural gas field off its coast.
Results from tests conducted by Noble Energy, an oil and natural gas exploration and production company, in June showed there was a 50% chance of discovering an estimated 16 trillion square foot natural gas field in Northern Israel, with some of the gas reserves within Lebanese territorial waters
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say