Norman Chan, the chief executive of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA), and Hu Xiaolian, a deputy governor of the People's Bank of China (PBoC), on Monday signed an agreement to expand the renminbi trade settlement scheme.
The expansion will see Hong Kong's status and role as a renminbi market platform further enhanced by removing restrictions on banks in the territory establishing renminbi accounts for, and providing related services, to financial institutions. It will also enable individu
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB