The Hong Kong Monetary Authority, Bank Negara Malaysia and Euroclear, a settlement services provider, on Thursday announced that they would collaborate on building a pilot platform to improve access to securities between central securities depositories (CSDs).
The pilot platform is set to go live in the first half of next year, making use of existing links between local CSDs and an international CSD, operated by Euroclear, and the region's real-time gross settlement systems (RTGS).
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde