José Manuel Barroso, the president of the European Commission, on Wednesday said Brussels would assess the idea of an independent European credit rating agency.
In a press conference to mark the release of plans to create a pan-European supervisor of credit rating agencies, Barroso said a full set of proposals would be released in September.
Michel Barnier, the European Commissioner for internal market regulation, last month called for a European rating agency to be created. Several senior Europ
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations