Brussels on Wednesday proposed the creation of a new continent-wide supervisor to oversee the activities of credit rating agencies, which have been blamed for exacerbating the sovereign debt crisis in the single currency zone.
José Manuel Barroso, the president of the European Commission, said Brussels wished to go further, and assess the idea of an independent European credit rating agency, in the full set of proposals to be released in September. He refuted a reporter's suggestion that this wa
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?