Beijing on Thursday refuted reports that it was reviewing its holdings of eurozone bonds, as the crisis in the single currency zone continued to put pressure on European debt securities.
The State Administration of Foreign Exchange (Safe), the foreign exchange and reserves arm of the People's Bank of China, said foreign press reports that it was appraising its eurozone bond holdings were "not in the least based on fact." "We support the European Union and International Monetary Fund's financial
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS