Jean-Claude Trichet, the president of the European Central Bank, on Wednesday launched the building work of the central bank's new premises in Frankfurt.
The 185-metre tall, 44-storey building, located at the former Grossmarkthalle in Frankfurt, is due to be complete by the end of 2013, with full occupancy in 2014, the central bank said.
Speaking at the ceremony, Trichet said the launch marked "the transition from planning to reality".
He added: "I am very confident that we will continue the ver
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde