In a departure from the norm, the Bank of Japan (BoJ) on Friday stressed the importance of its role in setting the scene for economic growth, and said it would look into ways of providing funds for banks in order to support that aim.
The central bank said in the Outlook for Economic Activity and Prices report, published Friday, that overcoming deflation was critical. Members of the Monetary Policy Council flagged this in their post-meeting statement, also released Friday. "Based on this recognit
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré