Krishna Guha, the Financial Times's chief Federal Reserve watcher, is to head the New York Fed's communications team.
Guha, who is considered close to former New York Fed president Tim Geithner, was US economics editor and deputy Washington bureau chief at the newspaper. He is well regarded by Fed watchers from the media and the markets for his coverage and analysis of Fed policy.
His new role will see him become an executive vice president at the central bank, serving on the management committe
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research