Tito Mboweni, a former governor of the South African Reserve Bank, is set to chair Nampak, a packaging company.
The firm said that Mboweni would take up the role on 1 June, succeeding Trevor Evans.
Mboweni left the central bank last November after two five-year terms at the helm.
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say