Peter Birch Sørensen, a professor at the University of Copenhagen, is to succeed Hugo Frey Jensen as head of economics at the National Bank of Denmark.
Sørensen has worked as a professor of macroeconomic theory and economic policy at the university since August 2005. During the past five years he has also served as first chairman of the Danish economic council.
He is the co-founder of the country's Econimc Policy Research Unit and sat on the management board of the International Institute of Pub
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?