Tim Howell, the global head of securities services at HSBC, a bank, is set to succeed Pierre Francotte as the chief executive of Euroclear, a settlement services provider.
The Euroclear Board on Tuesday backed the appointment of Howell - who in his current role is responsible for asset and liability management, and head of market risk - more than six months after Francotte announced his decision to step down after a decade at the helm.
Sir Nigel Wicks, the chairman of Euroclear, said he Board wa
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency