The National Bank of Denmark has made Hugo Frey Jensen, the head of its economics wing, assistant governor.
Jensen, 51, has worked at the central bank for the past 25 years, joining after completing his masters in economics at the University of Aarhus.
From 2001 to 2007, he headed the financial markets department, where he looked after financial stability, portfolio management and government debt management.
Since last year, he had headed the economics department, of which he will remain in char
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro