Willem Buiter, a former member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), is to join Citigroup as the bank's chief economist.
Buiter, often an outspoken critic of the banking industry, will join from the London School of Economics (LSE), where he was a professor of political economy.
He has frequently proposed radical solutions to the financial sector's woes. At an LSE event in December 2008, he said the US should have nationalised Citi rather than "give it a handout for terms tha
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency