The European Central Bank (ECB) on Wednesday selected Koenraad de Geest for the role of director general of information systems.
De Geest - now the central bank's director general of human resources, budget and organisation - will switch to information systems on 1 January next year. Prior to heading human resources, he was deputy head of general payments and market infrastructure at the ECB. He has also held various positions at the National Bank of Belgium.
He takes over from Hans-Gert Penze
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio