Linah Mohohlo, the governor of the Central Bank of Botswana, looks set to have her term renewed.
Mohohlo's current five-year term, her second as governor of the central bank, expired in October. A central bank spokesman confirmed on Monday that Mohohlo was still in office, but said there has not been any official announcement of either a renewal or a change in leadership.
Dennis Dykes, the group chief economist for Nedbank, told CentralBanking.com that speculation that Mohohlo will be reappointe
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling