The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision on Thursday released a set of guiding principles to assist the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) on bookeeping issues underlined by the financial crisis.
The proposals focus on provisioning, fair value measurement and related disclosures.
"As the IASB develops new financial instrument accounting standards, the principles will help it produce standards that improve the decision usefulness and relevance of financial reporting for key stakeho
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling