Bojan Marković, a former Bank of England economist and Goldman Sachs alumnus, is to join the National Bank of Serbia as a vice governor.
Marković worked for the Bank of England for eight years as a consultant and a senior economist. At the Bank, he was the author or co-author of a number of working papers, including research on the impact of bank capital channels in the monetary-policy transmission mechanism; whether Asia's choice of exchange rate regime affected Europe's exposure to US shocks;
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro