A panel of experts discuss the political reactions to the rise of sovereign wealth funds at Central Banking Publications' Sovereign Wealth Management conference in London in March 2008. The panel, chaired by Avinash Persaud of Intelligence Capital, included Vincent Cable of the Liberal Democratic Party in the United Kingdom, Martin Weiss of the Congressional Research Service in the United States, Cynthia Lummis a former State Treasurer of Wyoming, and Charles Proctor of Bird & Bird.
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS