Caruana criticised this strategy since it represented a high concentration of risks and could require the savings banks to raise capital and reserves with hybrid instruments such as preferred securities (acciones preferentes).
For instance, savings b
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Argentinian central bank takes drastic action over currency crisis
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say