He told Finance Minister Somkid Jatusripitak that the central bank should take greater steps to curb swings in the value of the currency.
Mr Thaksin said the baht should move in line with market forces, but that care should be taken that fluctuations were not excessive or guided by speculators.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations