In June the central bank made an unexpected cut of a quarter percent, the first cut for almost two years. That was viewed as the start of a cycle of monetary loosening which will probably result in the key rate falling to 7% by the end of 2007.
In 2006 the National Bank had to raise rates rapidly to hold inflation down at a
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde