The decision on Thursday followed a string of data showing a slowdown in retail sales growth, which has been credited with saving Britain from a severe economic slowdown.
Economists have also become increasingly worried over the effects of the fall in stock prices, with the benchmark FTSE 100 share index falling by 16.5% over June and July.
Fears have risen that the share falls, wh
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré