The central bank said this step was taken "together with a range of other measures - raising the rouble exchange rate, growth in short-term deposit rates"
The move, which takes effect on 1 October, does not apply to other reserve requirements on commercial banks. It is aimed at stemming "a massive influx of private foreign capital", a result of foreign specula
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde