The Bank, which only issues an explanatory statement when there is a change in rates, said it will publish the minutes of the meeting on Wednesday 19 March.
George Buckley, the chief UK economist at Deutsche Bank, said: "A combination of less pessimistic activity numbers and rising price pressures led to the Bank holding rates today."
"The data is soft but not
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde