South Africa introduced inflation targeting this year in a bid to reduce the CPIX benchmark to between 3% and 6% by 2002, but there have been business concerns that the move was premature for the developing economy.
The bank raised its key repo rate by 25 basis points to 12% in mid-October in an unexpected move aimed at stampi
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?