Temasek, one of two sovereign wealth funds managed by the Singaporean authorities, and the Qatar Investment Authority will purchase £1.96 billion-worth of shares in Barclays as part of a £4.5 billion offer.
The Qatari sovereign wealth fund will invest £1.76 billion. Temasek, which already holds a 2.1% stake in Barclays purchased last year, will invest £200m.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde