Richard Lambert, the head of the Confederation of British Industry, has urged the government to avoid making the same mistake as the US did following the bankruptcy of Enron, an energy company, rushing through the Sarbanes-Oxley rules now widely viewed as an overreaction.
"The changes represent a once-in-a-decade c
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations