The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) announced on Wednesday 7 January that it had been notified by the People's Bank of China (PBoC) of its decision, following a selection process, to appoint Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited (BoCHK) as the Clearing Bank for renminbi (RMB) business in Hong Kong. The term of appointment is three years.
Mr Norman Chan, Acting Chief Executive of the HKMA, welcomed the appointment of BoCHK as Clearing Bank. "With its considerable experience in clearing and cros
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase