The comments, by Nobuyuki Nakahara, one of the most outspoken of the nine-member board, contributed to the continued weakness of the yen, which traded in Tokyo yesterday at an eight-month low to the dollar of about Y126.4.
Mr Nakahara has suggested in previous monthly meetings that
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde