The vote in the 100-seat parliament stood at 80 MPs in favour, one opposed and six abstaining, the spokeswoman said.
The central bank head proposes a candidate for the post of vice-president, which then has to be approved by parliament.
Central bank president Ilmars Rimsevics
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB