The decision follows July's four-to-three vote by the seven-strong governing board to raise rates by a quarter point: the first rise in nine months. Despite the move, interest rates in the Czech Republic remain the lowest in the European Union.
The central bank has recently been alarmed by the possible effects of an expansionary state budget draft for next year. Miroslav Si
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting