"I think that next week in (the meeting of European finance ministers) in Oviedo there will be a (common) position from economy ministers to propose a candidate to European governments for the substitution of Mr. Noyer," Rato told reporters.
Noyer's term on the ECB board expires at the end of
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously