The central bank took the enforcement action in February 2000 against the bank after revelations that it had served as a conduit for $7 billion in Russian money - some of it believed to be from criminal activities.
Click the link on the right to see the Fed's press release about this.
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?