Sir Peter Middleton has raised as a "key issue" for banks the "higher and growing" costs of complying with regulations.
It was "crucial for the future of banking" that regulators struck a balance between protecting consumers and encouraging sector innovation, Sir Peter, Barclay's chairman, said.
"We must avoid a regime that simply i
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?