King was a founding member of the Banks Monetary Policy Committee and was appointed deputy governor in June 1998. Speaking on Wednesday he said he was "delighted and honoured" to be asked to serve as governor.
Sir Edward George welcomed the appointment of Mervyn King as his successor. "Throughout my period as Gove
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations