At a discussion during a regular meeting, the central bank revealed that it was planning to push for new legislation that would provide bank deposit insurance.
Through the legal system, it hopes to protect depositor interests and maintain financial stability in times of bank bankruptcy or bad restructuring. The central bank has already started studying and r
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory