The portrait, commissioned by the Bank, was painted by Markku Kolehmainen. The speech at the unveiling was given by Erkki Liikanen, the Governor of the Bank of Finland. Matti Vanhala held the post from 1998 until 2004.
The occasion was attended by Mr Vanhala's widow, Liisa Vanhala, and other close relatives. The guest-list also included President Mauno Koivisto, the portrait artist Markku Kolehmainen, form
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system