Mr Bergqvist had been Chairman of the General Council since 2002.
"Jan made an important contribution to the General Council's work during these years. I found him a person of great enthusiasm, warmth and integrity. The work on the General Council during Jan's leadership has been marked by a spirit of coope
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system